Alaska Voter Info

The general election is Nov 5, 2024.
Alaska, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, Alaska!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Absentee Ballot Request Deadline

Early Voting

No information available, please check back later.

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in Alaska if you:
  • Are a U.S. citizen
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • Have been a state resident for at least 30 days prior to the election
  • Live in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election
You are NOT eligible to vote in Alaska if:
  • You are a convicted felon involving moral turpitude, unless your voting rights have been restored.
  • You are registered to vote in another state
Restorative Requirements
  • If you were convicted of a felony of moral turpitude and have completed your sentence, including probation or parole, you must get documentation of completion from your probation or parole officer. Provide the documentation to the Division of Elections and then register to vote.
You may preregister to vote in Alaska
  • as of 90 days prior to your 18th birthday
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the federal voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). You will have the following identification options when completing the form:
  • Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
  • U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
  • Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
  • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.

Can I vote if I have a record?

Use our eligibility tool to find out if you can vote.

I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

Alaska defines voter residency as the place where your “habitation is fixed, and to which, whenever absent, [you have] the intention to return.” Alaska has a gain-or-loss provision for students with regards to residency, meaning a college student does not automatically gain or lose residency solely by entering or leaving the state to attend college. In Alaska, your “present intention to establish a permanent dwelling” at your school address is enough for you to establish residency. Alaska law puts considerable weight on where you choose to register to vote, and if you have the intent to remain for some period of time at your school address, you should be entitled to register and vote at that address.

Will I need ID?

To register to vote in Alaska you should provide one of the following:
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your Alaska Driver's License Number
  • Your Alaska ID Number
  • Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
If you are registering to vote for the first time by mail, you will need to provide proof of identity. Acceptable forms of ID include:
  • Alaska ID Card
  • Current and Valid Photo ID
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Alaska Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
  • Birth Certificate
  • Hunting or Fishing ID
In Alaska, you need to show a valid ID to vote. You can use any ID from this list:
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Alaska Voter ID Card
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid Alaska Driver's License
  • Hunting or Fishing ID
  • Valid Alaska Issued ID
  • Current and Valid Photo ID
If you do not have an ID from the above list, in Alaska additional, acceptable forms of ID which have your current address include:
  • Current Utility Bill
  • Paycheck that Shows your Name and Address
  • A Government Issued Document that shows your Current Name and Address
  • Government Check
  • Bank Statement

The info on this page is for:

Alaska Voter Info

If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here