Georgia Voter Info

The general election is Nov 3, 2020
Georgia, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, Georgia!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Received by Fri Oct 30, 2020

Absentee Ballot Request Deadline

Mon Oct 5, 2020

Early Voting

Mon Oct 12, 2020
Fri Oct 30, 2020

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Received by Tue Nov 3, 2020
Received by Fri Oct 30, 2020

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in Georgia if you:
  • Are a U.S citizen
  • Are a resident of Georgia
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
You are NOT eligible to vote in Georgia if:
  • You have been legally declared "mentally incompetent" by a court
  • You are on parole for a felony conviction or convicted of a felony
You may preregister to vote in Georgia
  • at the age of 17-1/2
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the federal voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). You will have the following identification options when completing the form:
  • U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
  • Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
  • Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
  • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.

Can I vote if I have a record?

Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored upon completion of all supervised release. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.

I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

Students who lived in Georgia before moving to another state for school, and who wish to establish or keep their Georgia voting residence (i.e., at their parents’ address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. If you move to a school address in Georgia with the intent of making it your fixed home, you should be able to establish voting residency in Georgia. While Georgia law does discuss making your Georgia home “permanent” court cases have made clear that if you have a present intention to remain at your school address, a “floating intention… to move somewhere else at some future period” will not stop you from establishing residency. Georgia law defines voting residence as domicile.

Will I need ID?

To register to vote in Georgia you should provide one of the following:
  • Your Georgia Driver's License Number
  • Your Georgia ID Number
  • Other Government Issued Photo ID
If you do not have these IDs, you may provide:
  • The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
If you are registering to vote for the first time by mail, you will need to provide proof of residency. Acceptable proof includes:
  • Current and Valid Photo ID
  • Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Government Check, or Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
  • Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
In Georgia, you need to show a valid ID to vote. You can use any ID from this list:
  • Valid Employee ID with Photo from State Government
  • Valid Georgia Voter ID Card with Photo
  • Expired Georgia Driver's License
  • Valid Federal Issued ID
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid Georgia Driver's License
  • Valid Employee ID with Photo from Federal Government
  • Valid Tribal ID
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Georgia Issued ID
  • Valid Employee ID with Photo from Local Government

The info on this page is for:

Georgia Voter Info

If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here