The general election is Nov 3, 2020
Idaho, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, Idaho!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are a U.S citizen
- Are a resident of Idaho
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- You are in prison or detention or jail or penal institution
- U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
- Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
- Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored upon completion of all supervised release. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Idaho’s formal laws make it difficult for students to establish residency. Under Idaho law, “residence” for voting purposes is a person’s “principal or primary home.” Those who do not have plans to remain in the state indefinitely may not be able to establish residency. Your residence is your fixed place of habitation, the place where you intend to return after being away for any length of time. The law explicitly states that a voter does not establish residence in Idaho if “he comes for temporary purposes only, without the intention of making it his home but with the intention of leaving it when he has accomplished the purpose that brought him there.”
Will I need ID?
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Your Idaho Driver's License Number
- Current and Valid Photo ID
- Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Government Check, or Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
- Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
- Valid Federal Issued ID
- Valid Idaho Driver's License
- Valid Student ID
- Valid US Passport
- Valid Idaho Issued ID
- Valid Tribal ID
- License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm