Kansas Voter Info

The general election is Nov 5, 2024.
Kansas, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, Kansas!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Absentee Ballot Request Deadline

Early Voting

No information available, please check back later.

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in Kansas if you:
  • Are a U.S. citizen
  • Are a resident of Kansas
  • at 17 years of age provided you will be 18 by the next general election.
You are NOT eligible to vote in Kansas if:
  • You are currently serving a sentence including incarceration, parole, probation, or extended supervision for a felony conviction
  • A judge has specifically ruled that you are not able to vote.
Restorative Requirements
  • If you have completed a felony sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or you have been pardoned, then you are immediately eligible to register to vote
You may preregister to vote in Kansas
  • if you will be 18 by Election Day
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the federal voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). You will have the following identification options when completing the form:
  • U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
  • Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
  • Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
  • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.

Can I vote if I have a record?

Please use our eligibility tool to find out if you can vote.

I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

Students who lived in Kansas prior to attending school and who wish to establish or keep their Kansas voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ Kansas address) should have no problem doing so, unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Students who intend to make their school address their principal home should have no trouble establishing voting residency in Kansas.

Will I need ID?

To register to vote in Kansas you should provide one of the following:
  • Your Kansas Driver's License Number
  • Your Kansas ID Number
If you do not have these IDs, you may provide:
  • Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
In Kansas, you need to show a valid ID to vote. You can use any ID from this list:
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Government Employee ID
  • Public Assistance ID
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid Kansas Driver's License
  • License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm
  • Valid Kansas Non-driver's ID
  • Valid Tribal ID
  • Valid Student ID from State School

The info on this page is for:

Kansas Voter Info

If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here