The general election is Nov 3, 2020 Louisiana, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, Louisiana!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are a U.S citizen
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Reside in Louisiana and the parish in which you want to vote
- You have been legally declared "mentally incompetent" by a court or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights
- You are under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony
- at the age 17 (16 if registering in person at the registrar of voters or at the office of motor vehicles)
- U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
- Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
- Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights restored for those on probation or parole who have not been incarcerated during the last five years. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Students who lived in Louisiana but moved to another state for school, and who wish to establish or keep their Louisiana voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Louisiana law explicitly gives students who move to the state in order to attend school the right to register at their school address and you do not need “intent to reside indefinitely.” Or, if you are from another parish in Louisiana, you can choose to register either at your school address or your home address.
Will I need ID?
- Your Louisiana Driver's License Number
Special ID Card Number
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Current and Valid Photo ID
- Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
- Government Check
- Bank Statement
- Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
- Current Utility Bill
- Valid Louisiana Driver's License
- Louisiana Special ID Card
- Other generally recognized picture identification card that contains the name and signature of voter