The general election is Nov 3, 2020
Maine, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, Maine!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are a U.S citizen
- Are a resident of Maine
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Live in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election
- At the age of 17
- U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
- Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
- Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
The right to vote is never taken away from individuals convicted of felony, even while incarcerated.
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Students who lived in Maine prior to attending school and who wish to establish or keep their Maine voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. If you move to a school address in Maine with the intention of making it your principal home, you should be able to establish voting residency there whether your residence is a dorm, apartment, house or even a hotel. Maine law defines residence as the place where you have a “fixed and principal home.” Maine courts have held that voting residency is equivalent to domicile.
Will I need ID?
- Your Maine Driver's License Number
- Your Maine ID Number
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Government Check, or Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
- Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
- Document showing Proof of Address
- Current and Valid Photo ID