The general election is Nov 3, 2020
Michigan, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, michigan!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are a U.S citizen
- Are a resident of Michigan
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- You are in prison or detention or jail or penal institution
- U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
- Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
- Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
Individuals currently incarcerated for any crime are ineligible to vote. Voting rights are automatically restored upon release from prison, and people on parole or probation can vote. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Students who lived in Michigan prior to attending school and who wish to establish or keep their Michigan voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. The Secretary of State of Michigan has indicated that students are free to choose to register to vote at school or at home.
Will I need ID?
- Your Michigan Driver's License Number
- Your Michigan ID Number
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Current and Valid Photo ID
Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
- Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
- Current Utility Bill or Pay Check or Bank Statement
- Valid Michigan Driver's License
- Michigan Personal ID
- Valid US Passport
- Out of State Personal ID
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Federal Issued ID
- Valid Student ID
- Out of State Driver's License or Non-driver ID
- Valid ID Issued by another State
- Valid Tribal ID