Nevada Voter Info

The general election is Nov 8, 2022
Nevada, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, nevada!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Online by Thu Jun 9, 2022

Absentee Ballot Requests


Early Voting

Sat Oct 22, 2022
Fri Nov 4, 2022

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Postmarked by Tue Nov 8, 2022
Post received by Sat Nov 12, 2022
In-Person, Received by Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:00PM
Tue Oct 25, 2022

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in Nevada if you:
  • Are a U.S citizen
  • Are a resident of Nevada
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • Live in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election
You are NOT eligible to vote in Nevada if:
  • You have been legally declared "mentally incompetent" by a court
  • You are registered to vote in another state
  • You are in prison or jail for a felony conviction.
Restorative Requirements
  • If you have completed a felony prison sentence, even if you are still on parole or probation, then you are immediately eligible to register to vote.
You may preregister to vote in Nevada
  • if you will be 18 by Election Day
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the federal voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). You will have the following identification options when completing the form:
  • U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
  • Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
  • Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
  • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
  • A U.S. citizen who has never resided in the U.S. and has a parent or legal guardian that was last domicilied in Nevada is is eligible to vote in Nevada as long as he or she has not registered or voted in another state.

Can I vote if I have a record?

Please use our eligibility tool to find out if you can vote.

Individuals currently incarcerated for a felony are ineligible to vote. Voting rights are automatically restored upon release from prison, and people on parole or probation can vote. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote. 


I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

Students who lived in Nevada prior to attending school and who wish to establish or keep their Nevada voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. In Nevada, if you actually reside in the state, intend for your school address to be your home, and do not have a solid plan to move back to the place where you lived before school, you should be able to qualify as a resident for voting purposes. Nevada law has strong protections for students.

Will I need ID?

To register to vote in Nevada you should provide:
  • Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
  • Your Nevada Driver's License or State/non-driver ID Number
If you are registered to vote in Nevada, you are not required to show ID to vote, but it is recommended that you bring along with you an ID from this list:
  • Valid ID Issued by the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles, Transportation, Highway Safety, etc.
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid Nevada Driver's License
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Any other form of ID issued by a governmental agency which contains the voter s signature and physical description or picture.

The info on this page is for:

Nevada Voter Info

If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here