New Hampshire Voter Info

The general election is Nov 5, 2024.
New Hampshire, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, New Hampshire!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Absentee Ballot Request Deadline

Early Voting

No information available, please check back later.

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in New Hampshire if you:
  • Are a U.S. citizen
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • Are domiciled in New Hampshire town or ward in which you seek to vote
You are NOT eligible to vote in New Hampshire if:
  • You are in prison or jail for a felony conviction.
Restorative Requirements
  • If you have completed a felony prison sentence, even if you are still on parole or probation, then you are immediately eligible to register to vote.
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the overseas voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). You may include the following ID:
  • Your New Hampshire non-driver ID number
  • Your New Hampshire Driver's License Number
  • Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
  • Valid New Hampshire Voter ID Card
U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
  • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.

Can I vote if I have a record?

Please use our eligibility tool to find out if you can vote.

I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

Students who lived in New Hampshire prior to attending school and who wish to establish or keep their New Hampshire voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ address), should have no problem doing so, unless they have already registered to vote in another state. The Secretary of State of New Hampshire has specifically stated that students have the right to choose between keeping their residence at the place they lived before attending school or establishing residence in their school community. New Hampshire’s laws make clear that a student who considers herself a New Hampshire resident and has the intent to make her New Hampshire residence her home can vote in the state.

Will I need ID?

In order to complete your voter registration in New Hampshire and vote for the first time, you will need identification to prove your age, domicile, and citizenship. Accepted IDs include:
  • Valid New Hampshire Vehicle Registration
  • Valid Student ID
  • Certificate of Vehicle Ownership
  • Valid ID Issued by Another State
  • Birth Certificate
  • Valid New Hampshire non-driver's ID
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid New Hampshire issued ID
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid New Hampshire Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
  • A signed, Challenged Voter Registration Affidavit
  • Valid Federal issued ID
Accepted forms of ID include:
  • Valid New Hampshire Voter ID Card with Photo
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid New Hampshire Driver's License
  • Valid New Hampshire Non-driver's ID
  • Valid Photo ID
  • Valid Student ID from State School
  • Federally issued Driver's License

The info on this page is for:

New Hampshire Voter Info

If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here