The general election is Nov 3, 2020
New Jersey, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, New Jersey!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are a U.S citizen
- Are a resident of New Jersey
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Live in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election
- You are on parole for a felony conviction or convicted of a felony
- At the age of 17
- U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
- Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
- Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
Individuals currently incarcerated for a felony are ineligible to vote. Voting rights are automatically restored upon release from prison, and people on parole or probation can vote. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Students who lived in New Jersey before moving elsewhere to attend school, and who wish to establish or keep their New Jersey voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ New Jersey address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. In New Jersey, you have the right to vote at your college address so long as you actually live there and are interested in and concerned with your college community, even if you plan to return to where you previously lived after finishing school. The New Jersey Supreme Court has expressly held that all students may vote where they choose.
Will I need ID?
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Your New Jersey Driver's License Number
- Your New Jersey non-driver ID number
- Current and Valid Photo ID
- Document showing Proof of Address
- Other Government ID
- Valid US Passport
- Store Membership Card
- Rent Receipt
- Valid Employee ID
- Valid New Jersey Driver's License
- Valid Student ID
- Valid Military ID
- Valid New Jersey Non-photo Driver's License
- Sample Ballot mailed to you
- Valid New Jersey Vehicle Registration
- Bank Statement