The general election is Nov 3, 2020
Tennessee, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, Tennessee!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Are a resident of Tennessee
- Are a U.S citizen
- You must not have been convicted of a felony, or if you have, your voting rights must have been restored.
- Complete Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Individuals convicted of a felony since 1981–except for some felonies such as murder, rape, treason and voter fraud–may apply to the Board of Probation and Parole to have their voting rights restored once their sentence is completed. The law in Tennessee is somewhat complex, for more information please review this resource.
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Students who lived in Tennessee before moving elsewhere to attend school, and who wish to establish or keep their Tennessee voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ Tennessee address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Students attending school in Tennessee should be able to register and vote at their school address if they intend to make that place their residence and there is some objective indication of their intent.
Will I need ID?
- Your Social Security Number
- Valid Federal Issued ID
- Valid US Passport
- Valid Tennessee Driver's License
- Valid ID Issued by the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security
- Valid Military ID
- License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm