Utah Voter Info

The general election is Nov 5, 2024.
, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, UTAH!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Absentee Ballot Request Deadline

Early Voting

We're currently updating our database to include this information. Pledge to vote and you'll receive updates when this information becomes available.

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in Utah if you:
  • Are a U.S. citizen
  • Are a resident of Utah
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • Live in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election
You are NOT eligible to vote in Utah if:
  • You are in prison or detention or jail or penal institution
  • You were disqualified from voting due to a court order
Restorative Requirements
  • If you have completed a felony prison sentence, even if you are still on parole or probation, then you are immediately eligible to register to vote.
You may preregister to vote in Utah
  • At the age 16
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the federal voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). You will have the following identification options when completing the form:
  • U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
  • Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
  • Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
  • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.

Can I vote if I have a record?

Please use our eligibility tool to find out if you can vote.

Individuals incarcerated for a felony conviction are ineligible to vote. Voting rights are automatically restored upon release from prison, and people on parole or probation can vote. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.

I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

Students who lived in Utah before moving elsewhere to attend school, and who wish to establish or keep their Utah voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ Utah address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Under Utah law, you are a resident for voting purposes if your principal home is in Utah and if you presently intend to stay in Utah for an indefinite amount of time. Your intention to make Utah your resident state is of key importance. Utah presumes that anyone who registers to vote in Utah is a true resident of Utah. Accordingly, if you register to vote in Utah, your registration cannot be denied on the basis of residency, and it cannot be canceled unless there is “clear and convincing” evidence that you do not currently intend to remain permanently or indefinitely in Utah.

Will I need ID?

To register to vote in Utah you should provide:
  • Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
  • Your Utah Driver's License or State non-driver ID Number
In Utah, you need to show a valid ID to vote. You can use any ID from this list:
  • Valid Utah Driver's License
  • Valid ID with photo issued by a Government Agency
  • License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Tribal ID
If you do not have an ID from this list, in Utah you may show a combination of two IDs from the following:
  • Copy of Utility Bill Dated within 90 Days of the Election
  • Bank Statement
  • Certified (Copy) of US Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Government Check
  • Hunting or Fishing ID
  • Valid Military ID
  • Certified (Copy) of Naturalization Document
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs Card
  • Tribal Treaty Card
  • Medicare or Medicaid Card Issued by the Government
  • Valid Local Government Issued ID Card
  • Valid Employee ID
  • Valid Student ID from State School
  • Valid Utah Vehicle Registration

The info on this page is for:

Utah Voter Info

If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here