The general election is Nov 3, 2020
Vermont, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, vermont!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are a U.S citizen
- Are a resident of Vermont
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Take, or have previously taken, the Voter's Oath
- U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
- Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
- Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
The right to vote is never taken away from individuals convicted of a felony, even while incarcerated.
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Students who lived in Vermont before moving elsewhere to attend school, and who wish to establish or keep their Vermont voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ Vermont address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Students attending school in Vermont have the explicit right to choose to vote in their school communities if they are genuine residents of those communities. While Vermont law requires an intent to remain “indefinitely,” Vermont courts have made clear that students can fulfill that requirement even if they have uncertain post-college plans, so establishing residency in Vermont as a student should not be a problem.
Will I need ID?
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Your Vermont Driver's License Number
- Valid Pilot's ID
- Your Vermont ID Number
Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
- Utility Bill, Bank Statement or other Government Document
- Valid US Passport
- Valid Vermont Driver's License
- Other Government Document
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement