Washington Voter Info

The general election is Nov 5, 2024.
Washington, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, washington!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Absentee Ballot Request Deadline

Early Voting

No information available, please check back later.

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in Washington if you:
  • Are a U.S. citizen
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • Have been a state resident for at least 30 days prior to the election
You are NOT eligible to vote in Washington if:
  • You were disqualified from voting due to a court order
  • You are in prison or jail for a felony conviction.
Restorative Requirements
  • If you have completed a felony prison sentence, even if you are still on parole or probation, then you are immediately eligible to register to vote.
You are able to pre-register:
  • At the age of 16 or 17 as long as you will be 18 by the time the next election occurs
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the federal voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). You will have the following identification options when completing the form though ID is not required:
  • U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
  • Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
  • Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
  • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.

Can I vote if I have a record?

Please use our eligibility tool to find out if you can vote.

Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored upon completion of all supervised release. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote. Visit the Washington Secretary of State’s website for more information

I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

Students who lived in Washington before moving elsewhere to attend school, and who wish to establish or keep their Washington voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ Washington address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Washington students should be able to register and vote at their school address if they do not intend to return to the place they lived before school, and if they consider their school community to be their residence while they attend school—even if they are not clear on their post-school plans.

Will I need ID?

To register to vote in Washington you should provide one of the following:
  • Washington Learner's Permit
  • Your Washington Driver's License Number
  • Your Washington ID Number
If you do not have these IDs, you may provide:
  • Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
Washington has all-mail elections. If you registered without a Washington Driver's License, Washington State ID, or Social Security number, you will need to show a valid ID to vote. You can use any ID from this list:
  • Valid Tribal ID
  • Valid Photo ID
  • Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
  • Paycheck that Shows your Current Name and Address
  • Government Check
  • Bank Statement
  • Utility Bill

The info on this page is for:

Washington Voter Info

If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here