The general election is Nov 3, 2020
West Virginia, here’s all the info you need to know!
The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.
Important Dates to know, west virginia!
New Voter Registration Deadline
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)
Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Am I eligible to register to vote?
- Are a U.S citizen
- Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Reside in West Virginia and the parish in which you want to vote
- You have been legally declared "mentally incompetent" by a court
- You are on parole for a felony conviction or convicted of a felony
- at 17 years of age and provided you will be 18 by the next general election.
- U.S. State or Territory or District Issued ID
- Option to Indicate that you do not have the Requested ID
- Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number
- Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.
Can I vote if I have a record?
Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored upon completion of all supervised release. Ex-offenders should re-register to vote
I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?
Students who lived in West Virginia before moving elsewhere to attend school, and who wish to establish or keep their West Virginia voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ West Virginia address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Students attending school in West Virginia should be able to register and vote at their school address as long as they do not plan to move back to their parents’ house, and they intend to make it their residence, even if they do not have specific plans beyond graduation.
Will I need ID?
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Your West Virginia Driver's License Number
- Your West Virginia ID Number
- Current and Valid Photo ID
- Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Government Check, or Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
- Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Government Issued Document that shows your Current Name and Address
- Hunting or Fishing ID
- Medicare or Medicaid Card issued by the government
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
Voter ID Card
- Insurance Plan ID Card
- Utility Bill
- Valid Federal issued ID
- Valid Student ID
- Valid West Virginia Driver's License
- SNAP ID
- TANF ID card
- License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm
- Valid US Passport