Wyoming Voter Info

The general election is Nov 3, 2020
Wyoming, here’s all the info you need to know!

The Rona will not pause the revolution. Get the facts.

Important Dates to know, Wyoming!

New Voter Registration Deadline

Absentee Ballot Request Deadline

Post received by Mon Oct 19, 2020

Early Voting

No information available, please check back later.

Can I Vote by Mail? (Absentee)

Received by Tue Nov 3, 2020 7:00PM MST

Any registered voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.

Am I eligible to register to vote?

You are eligible to vote in Wyoming if you:
  • Are a U.S citizen
  • Are a resident of Wyoming
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
You are NOT eligible to vote in Wyoming if:
  • You have been legally declared "mentally incompetent" by a court
  • You are registered to vote in another state
  • You are on parole for a felony conviction or convicted of a felony
You may preregister to vote in Wyoming
  • if you will be 18 by Election Day
Service members and their dependents may register and request a ballot using the overseas voter registration/ballot request form ("FPCA"). Your state does not require an ID to be provided in order the register/request your ballot.
    U.S. citizens living abroad have the right to vote as absentee voters, provided they are eligible to vote in their state. If you are living outside of the U.S. permanently, indefinitely, or temporarily, your voting rights stay with you, even if you never voted when you lived in the U.S. To vote from overseas:
    • Complete and send an overseas voter registration/ballot request form to your election office in the U.S. This is one specific form that will register you as an overseas voter and request your absentee ballot – simultaneously.

    Can I vote if I have a record?

    Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights restoration is dependent on the type of conviction.  For first-time, non-violent felony convictions after 2010, voting rights are automatically restored after completing a sentence.  For first-time, non-violent felony convictions before 2010, under federal law, or from outside of Wyoming, applications to the Wyoming Department of Corrections are required.  People with violent felony convictions or multiple felony convictions are permanently disenfranchised unless they appeal to the governor after a waiting period (5 years for restoration, 10 years for a pardon). Ex-offenders who qualify should re-register to vote.

    I am a college student. Where do I register to vote?

    Students who lived in Wyoming before moving elsewhere to attend school, and who wish to establish or keep their Wyoming voting residency (i.e., at their parents’ Wyoming address), should have no problem doing so unless they have already registered to vote in another state. Wyoming’s formal residency laws are student-friendly, and students should be able to register and vote without trouble when they have a current intention to make Wyoming their residence.

    Will I need ID?

    To register to vote in Wyoming you should provide:
    • Your Wyoming Driver's License Number
    If you do not have these IDs, you may provide:
    • The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
    In order to complete your voter registration in Wyoming, you will need to provide a copy of a valid ID. Accepted IDs include:
    • Valid Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
    If you do not have this form of ID(s), Wyoming will also accept:
    • Valid Local Government issued ID
    • Valid Student ID
    • Valid US Passport
    • Valid issued ID
    • Valid Military ID
    • Valid Federal issued ID
    • Out of State Driver's License or Non-driver ID
    Another option is to provide two of the following:
    • Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the US Dept. of State
    • Voter Registration Card from another state or county
    • Draft Record
    • Birth Certifcate or Certified Copy
    • any other form of identification issued by an official agency
    • Certificate of US Citizenship
    • Certificate of Naturalization
    If you registered to vote in Wyoming, you may be required to present valid ID if you are voting for the first time or your registration is incomplete. You can use any ID from this list:
    • Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
    • Current and Valid Photo ID

    The info on this page is for:

    Wyoming Voter Info

    If you want info for a different state or U.S. territory, go here